Monday, May 30, 2011

Rampage’s UFC 130 blog: Defending the takedown and putting on an exciting show

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is back and he's giving Yahoo! Sports' readers an inside look into the lead-up to his UFC 130 fight against Matt Hamill approaches.

Check out the Yahoo! Sports' exclusive blog here. Rampage talks about what he expects from Hamill:

So, Hamill has stood and traded with some guys in his career, but I am sure he knows it is bad for his health if he does that next week! For real! I've trained for all areas ? but I just want it to be exciting. I think he will try and take me down and I'm ready for him to avoid striking with me at all costs.

It sounds like Jackson has no plans of piling up points on his way to a decision victory:

I'm under no pressure to get a knockout, but I always try for the knockout. I have kept that mentality from PRIDE, where it was more important to have a great fight than win or lose. I would never criticize any fighter but at the end of the day, this is entertainment, and I want to give the fans what they paying their money for. This is the career I chose ? fighting ? and so let's fight.

We're guessing arm-wrestling Travis Pastrana was not part of Jackson's training camp preparation for Hamill's wrestling ability.

Jackson and Pastrana clashed at the press conference in Los Angeles to announce the partnership between the action sports star and Waltrip Racing on the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Tour.

You can watch UFC 130 right here on Yahoo! Sports

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Rampage-s-UFC-130-blog-Defending-the-takedown-a?urn=mma-wp2429

Giuliana DePandi Giulianna Ramirez Grace Park Gretha Cavazzoni Gwen Stefani Halle Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment