Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tito admits lesson learned: Don?t text and drive

Tito Ortiz was doing something many of us do on a daily basis - texting while driving. The result was a smashed grill on his Rolls Royce Phantom and a momentary scare because his son Jacob was also in the car.

I learned a valuable -- or maybe I should say "expensive" -- lesson at the weekend: Don't text and drive! I was taking a day off from training and driving in my Rolls-Royce Phantom, my pride and joy, and I looked down at my phone for literally one second because I had a text -- and I crashed my Phantom," Ortiz wrote in an ESPN.com blog.

The dangerous activity is going to cost Tito $45,000:

I let my attention slip for one second ... I just couldn't believe what I'd done. The grill was totaled. The headlights were done. The hood was mangled up. It was a really, really expensive mistake. That's my dream car. It sucks. It sucks so bad. I really, literally cried. Seriously, I cried.

There will be some guys reading this going "really? Tito cried over a fender bender?" but I know other guys will understand a man's love for his vehicle. That's my pride and joy. I love that car. I worked so hard to get that car. That's a unique vehicle and I was so dumb to look at my phone.

This motivates Ortiz more than ever to duplicate his efforts at UFC 132 where pulled the upset on Ryan Bader, gained a contract extension and picked up the Submission of the Night bonus of $75,000.

Putting it another way: after tax, that's my entire "Submission of the Night" bonus from choking out Ryan Bader at UFC 132. Now I need another sub or KO or Fight of the night against Rashad Evans at UFC 133.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Tito-admits-lesson-learned-Don-t-text-and-drive?urn=mma-wp5079

Estella Warren Esther CaƱadas Eva Green Eva Longoria Eva Mendes Evangeline Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment