Friday, August 26, 2011

Hamman overwhelms Dollaway at UFC on Versus 5

MILWAUKEE -- In his first bout at middleweight, Jared Hamman showed that he was quite comfortable, TKOing CB Dollaway in the second round at UFC on Versus 5 on Sunday night.

Dollaway looked strong early in the fight. He worked an arm triangle in the first, but was unsuccessful, and when he took Hamman's back later in the round, Hamman shook Dollaway off and was able to get full mount. Dollaway snuck out, and the two then traded strikes from their feet. Dollaway wobbled Hamman, and followed up with strikes on the ground, but couldn't stop the fight before the round ended.

Hamman took control in the second round, owning Dollaway in striking. He pinned Dollaway against the cage, and then when Dollaway tried for a takedown, Hamman used it as an opportunity to do some old fashioned ground and pound. Dollaway emerged once, but Hamman took him back to the ground and finished the bout with a bevy of right hands. Referee Herb Dean stopped the bout at 3:38 in the second round.

"First round was rough.� Second round, I just went for it.� He got me once standing and that phased me," Hamman said after the fight. "I came out and gave it 100%.� I love to fight, even when the crowd is cheering for the other guy I get pumped.� I just really enjoy it.� I don't know who I want to fight next.� I don't like the guys that just sit back and don't put anything into it? I enjoy fighting."

Hamman was much less successful at light heavyweight, but clearly has found a home in the middleweight division. This win gives him a 13-3 record. Dollaway has now dropped his second fight in a row. He lost to Mark Munoz in March.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Hamman-overwhelms-Dollaway-at-UFC-on-Versus-5?urn=mma-wp5849

Amanda Marcum Amanda Peet Amanda Righetti Amanda Swisten Amber Arbucci Amber Brkich

No comments:

Post a Comment