Friday, November 25, 2011

Kampmann survives early rush, edges Story at UFC 139

Kampmann survives early rush, edges Story at UFC 139

SAN JOSE, Calif. - Martin Kampmann's been around for a long time, so he wasn't going to fold when Rick Story pressed him early. The veteran let Story gas himself and took over in the second half of the fight to pick up a split decision victory, 30-27, 29-28 and 28-29 in fight No. 2 of the UFC 139 pay-per-view at the HP Pavilion.

Story looked dynamite early in the fight. His volume was overwhelming Kampmann (91-67 strikes attempted), who appeared to be a little tight in the first three minutes.

"I feel good. You know I'm really happy but at the same time I'm disappointed. I promised you guys I'd go in and get a finish. My arms felt so heavy out there, like I had lead in my hands.�I came out here way too relaxed tonight and needed a few punches to wake up.�It's a relief to come out and get a win," said Kampmann.

Kampmann, who suffered a small cut on his forehead during the early onslaught, clearly has a chin, because he absorbed some heavy shots. It may have discouraged Story to see Kampmann standing in front of him shaking his head to show the shots weren't hurting.

Kampmann (18-5, 9-4 UFC) further broke Story's will with a very effective jab. By the end of the first round, which looked like it was going to be a cakewalk for Story, the American had his own cut over his right eye.

Story's a good wrestler, but he was taken down in each of the final two rounds.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Kampmann-survives-early-rush-edges-Story-at-UFC?urn=mma-wp9727

Brittany Murphy Brittany Snow Brittny Gastineau Brody Dalle Brooke Burke Brooke Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment