Friday, June 24, 2011

Strikeforce workouts: Barnett locks on figure four and does his best Dusty Rhodes

Josh Barnett definitely has a sense of humor. Let's just hope the stiffs from the California State Athletic Commission do as well.

During Strikeforce's workout day, Barnett took the media on a pro wrestling journey. There was a back breaker, chops to the chest and even a figure four leg lock.

When he spoke to the media it got even better:

"I've been sitting on the sidelines, sitting there watching everybody go out and fight. Hard times have been on Josh Barnett. Dealing with athletic commissions. Everybody saying, 'You did this, and you did that. You're the problem for this.' That's hard times. Hard times for my family. Hard times for my friends. Hard times by me. Hard times not being able to get a fight. Hard times is the company, waking up one day, is saying they've been sold out to your competitor! Not knowing what the hell you're going to do. Where's my contract at? Where's my money? Where's my security? Who says I'm going to get that shot now? Having that on your mind? That's hard times."

Barnett then turned his attention to Rogers:

"And then you get this big old Brett Rogers in front of you. He thinks he knows what's tough. He thinks he's going to make a name off of my head. So I've got to get up every morning, break of dawn. I've got to get those running shoes on. I've got to hit that concrete; I've got to get those miles under my feet. My knees are aching, my body is sore. I've got guys like 'Hammer' beating on me every single day. I've got body breaking down, my mind getting pushed, feeling the effects of 14 years of fighting - feeling the effects of trying to put yourself in the best condition you can be in. Waking up every day having to deal with that? That's what hard times is about.

"I'm going to tell you what Brett Rogers. Come Saturday, American Airlines Arena? I'm going to give you a lesson in hard times. I'm going to take all that anguish, all that pain, everything that I have been through, everything all my family has been through, everything all my coaches have been through - I'm going to put that on you, Brett Rogers. I'm going to show you exactly what hard times is about. Who wants to see that? Not you, Brett Rogers. You do not want to see that."

Sound familiar?

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Strikeforce-workouts-Barnett-locks-on-figure-fo?urn=mma-wp3618

Christina Ricci Chyler Leigh Ciara Cindy Crawford Cindy Taylor Cinthia Moura

No comments:

Post a Comment