Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Martini Recovery: Update

A Martini Recovery: Update
Early this year, Pro Skier Nick Martini tore his ACL and underwent surgery to repair it. Since then, Martini has been keeping us posted on his recovery, and what he's been up to in the meantime. Here's the latest report, straight out of Martini's mouth:

Words, photos & video by Nick Martini

The past month has proved to be an interesting one. I was planning on flying to Sweden to help judge JOSS, but my plan failed when a volcano in Iceland shut down all trans-Atlantic air travel. I was stuck in NYC for one night, where I made some new friends, and then I flew back to Colorado.


Nick at the top of one of Boulder's finest peaks

Shortly after my sweet trip to the east coast, I headed down to Mammoth for the Salomon Jib Academy finals. I spent a week in the sun with Salomon team, and got to take my first runs since I was hurt!


Nick with some Salomon crew


Jacked + tan = mammoth

With about a month left until my recovery is complete, I took it easy and made some cruiser laps. I also got to do a lot of filming in the woods with B-Paul, Walker, Charlie Owens and Clayton Vila for the new Stept movie, Network. Epic...


Tree jibbing in the woods at mam


GTS

I am now chilling in boulder finishing up some school, and getting ready to shred this summer. Hope to see everyone out at Mt. Hood; I'm stoked to be coaching at Windells in July. Enjoy the show...

Martini Recovery 5 - 7 years of rails from Nick Martini on Vimeo.



Powered by WizardRSS | Full Text RSS Feeds



Missy Peregrym
Halle Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment