Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cagewriter Facepalm of the Week: Gegard Mousasi

Cagewriter Facepalm of the Week: Gegard Mousasi

The Cagewriter Facepalm of the Week returns not with a full out smack to the head, but with a "Well, DUH!" to the Strikeforce former light hevayweight champion, Gegard Mousasi. If you remember, Mousasi lost his belt to Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal due to Lawal's superior wrestling ability.

Saturday,�Mousasi will face Jake O'Brien, also a fighter with a wrestling background. Mousasi said he has worked on takedown defense.�From Thursday's press conference, via MMAFighting.com:

I've been working on wrestling aside from MMA. That is something that I wasn't doing in the past so I'm getting more confident in my wrestling. I learned that I didn't know a lot about takedowns, it's a really big gap and I'm catching up and learning a lot. I'm confident in my takedown defense this time a lot more than in my last fight.

That's fantastic, Gegard. But maybe the time to work on takedown defense was before you fought the guy who was a national team member in freestyle wrestling?�




Eliza Dushku
Adriana Lima

No comments:

Post a Comment