Wednesday, June 30, 2010

BZZZZZZZZZZZT! UFC bans vuvuzelas for 116

BZZZZZZZZZZZT! UFC bans vuvuzelas for 116

The UFC has decided that vuvuzelas, the awesome noisemakers that are ubiquitous at the World Cup, have no home in the Octagon. According to a press release from the UFC, vuvuzelas won't be allowed in MGM Grand Garden Arena.

“This decision was pretty simple for me,” UFC president Dana White said. “Vuvuzelas make the most horrific sound I’ve ever heard. I’d rather let Brock punch me in the face than hear 15,000 people blow on those things. This is the biggest heavyweight fight we’ve ever done. We’ll make enough noise this weekend when Brock and Shane finally step inside the Octagon.”

White says annoying; I say calm-inducing. Vuvuzela-lovers of the world, don't let this stop you. Download the vuvuzela app to your iPhone, and let the BZZZZZZZT buzz over Carwin vs. Lesnar. As the kids say, haters gonna hate.




Emma Stone
Emmy Rossum

No comments:

Post a Comment