Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thailand sport climbing: can you help?

Thailand sport climbing: can you help?
Since an old friend told me about his climbing trips to Thailand it’s been one of my boxes-to-tick. Climbing by the beach and then relaxing in the blue seas sounds too good to be true. I’m about to find out - I’ve decided to do it later this year… Photo kindly shared by HalonaCoast on Flickr I’m [...]

Since an old friend told me about his climbing trips to Thailand it’s been one of my boxes-to-tick. Climbing by the beach and then relaxing in the blue seas sounds too good to be true. I’m about to find out - I’ve decided to do it later this year…

Ao Nang Tower, Thailand

Photo kindly shared by HalonaCoast on Flickr

I’m planning to make the trip in November, which should be good for weather and well clear of the rainy season.

If you’ve been sport climbing in Thailand or know anyone who has, I’d really appreciate your help.

What I need to begin are 2 things:

  1. Recommendations for the best destination
    I’m climbing 6b top-roped indoor and leading 5s at the moment, but with plenty of time to train before November I’ll like to get that into 6s. I’ve heard Krabi and Railay are two hotspots. True?
  2. Climbing schools or centres
    As I’m heading out solo I’d like to arrange a trip, an event, something to guarantee that when I get out there I can get some kit and to ensure there are belay partners around.

So - look forward to hearing from you, and I’ll keep the blog updated with the plans as they come together.




Gabrielle Union
Camilla Belle
Ashley Tisdale
Amanda Bynes

No comments:

Post a Comment