Friday, June 25, 2010

Kamal Shalorus, Jamie Varner Fight to Disappointing Draw

Kamal Shalorus, Jamie Varner Fight to Disappointing Draw
by Michael David SmithOne of the best mixed martial arts cards of the year ended in an unsatisfying way Sunday night in Edmonton, as Kamal Shalorus fought Jamie Varner to a draw at WEC 49.

The fight was plagued by low blows on the part of Shalorus, who kicked Varner in the groin three different times. On one of those low blows Shalorus got a point deducted, and that point proved critical on the judges' scorecards. One judge scored the fight for Shalorus 29-27, one scored it for Varner 29-27, and one scored it even, 28-28.

"I swear, I'm not like that," Shalorus said afterward, referring to the low blows. "I'm a warrior. I don't cheat. It was just an accident. I tried to low kick his knee."



Permalink�|�Email this�|�Linking�Blogs�|�Comments




Heidi Klum
Milla Jovovich
Diora Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment